Modern Slavery Act transparency statement
At Rivus Fleet Solutions we are committed to running our business responsibly. We strive to maintain the highest standards of integrity, transparency an integrity in all we do – and this includes encourage our supply chain partners to meet the high standards that we set for ourselves.
Rivus Fleet Solutions complies with all the policies and processes, which means when we purchase new products or services, the process is managed through our procurement team and are subject to the same checks.
Rivus Fleet Solutions is a fleet management, vehicle management and accident management company that provides a service to the most well-known operational fleets in the UK. We are renowned for our specialism in mission critical commercial vehicle fleets and have an enviable reputation for service quality, ethical excellence, and resilience. Our 550 strong garage networks, together with our mobile maintenance and repair service is a unique one-stop shop for all vehicle, plant, and specialist equipment repairs.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
Recruitment – we operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
Whistleblowing – our whistleblowing policy ensures that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisal.
Health and Safety – this policy sets out our approach to ensure we provide a healthy working environment for our staff and contractors that work out of our premises.
Our supply chains
Our supply chains include suppliers of direct materials suppliers of indirect services (professional services, facilities, sales, and marketing agencies).
We conduct due diligence on all suppliers assessed by our Procurement Team as critical and/or major to the business before allowing them to become one of our suppliers. This due diligence includes assessing regulatory licences and certificates, compliance with such regulatory bodies, checks to determine the financial stability of the supplier as well as carrying out supplier audits, where appropriate.
We intend to take the following further steps to combat slavery and human trafficking:
1. risk assess all new suppliers and ask them to certify that they have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their own organisation and supply chain.
2. notify all existing suppliers of our expectations and their obligations in relation to the prohibition of modern slavery.
3. incorporate anti-slavery and human trafficking obligations into procurement agreements and subcontracting arrangements on a risk assessed basis.
4. include appropriate measures in our due diligence processes for sourcing suppliers, subcontractors and acquisitions on a risk assessed basis.
5. provide training to relevant employees to ensure a high-level understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking; and
6. where appropriate we will include reference to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 in our policies and procedures.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Company’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the current financial year.
You can download our Rivus Fleet solutions statement from 2016/17 below.